Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the Oscar goes to... BEST DIRECTOR and BEST PICTURE!


Well with the Oscars only hours away I'd best pull my finger out and quickly announce my picks for the two bigs awards. I won't even bother with the nominees, I'll just cut straight to the chase.

While I think both Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron deserve the Oscar for Best Director (for very different reasons), I think the world really doesn't want or need another ego trip from Jim. His speeches are a real make-or-break deal, and in this case I think it's a breaker. Kathryn has a fantastic track record and very seldom receives acknowledgement for her work, and so this year I think the Best Director Oscar will go to Kathryn Bigelow for THE HURT LOCKER.


Which leaves AVATAR as the obvious choice for BEST PICTURE. And let's face it, AVATAR is more than just a blockbuster movie...it's a MOVIE EXPERIENCE, the kind that gave cinema its magic in the first place all those decades ago. It's a complete re-invention of the movie experience, and for that reason alone I think it deserves BEST PICTURE.

Enjoy the Oscars everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment