Thursday, June 17, 2010

My beloved Maximus!

Warning: this post is gonna take a glass of wine! Yesterday I had to say goodbye to one of the most important and loved things in my life, my dear cat Maximus! He was more than just a friend, he was someone to hold when I needed it, someone to talk to instead of talking to myself, someone to cuddle in bed when the only one I wanted to cuddle was him, and goddammit he made me laugh when things were crap! I'm one of those rare breeds who is both a dog-lover and a cat-lover. Maximus had a foot in both worlds. He'd follow you around the block like a dog, meowing the whole way. He'd turn up at parties and announce himself to the crowd when all the other cats hid under the bed. He was truly the King of Cats, a personality so big that everyone loved him. Heck I even named Professor Fathom after him (though I changed the full name from Maximus to Maximilian because I could never imagine Professor Fathom being a sardine-eater!)

I love this photo of Maximus. His favorite place to lie down and have a purr and a head-nudge was my desk. He used to sit beside my computer while I worked. But alas, even Matthew Reilly's fast-paced action novels couldn't keep him awake.

Sleep well my friend!

3 comments:

  1. ~snuggles~ I am so sorry. :( What an awesome cat to have had the pleasure of knowing though. :)

    ~smooches~
    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to hear about Maximus. He sounded like a great cat, and what a great picture. I know how you feel though I had a cat that lived 18 yrs, sweetest and most loving creature you would ever know. My cat now, which I have had for 12 yrs, is just crazy, but I love her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Maximus. Having two cats myself, I can imagine how difficult it must have been to say goodbye to your furry friend. Please know you are in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete