Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Song of the Day - Freddie Mercury’s “Love Kills”

Without a doubt Fritz Lang’s 1927 sci-fi epic METROPOLIS is a masterpiece! So when Giorgio Moroder re-released the film in 1984 with a contemporary soundtrack featuring Freddie Mercury, fans of the original weren’t so thrilled. But Moroder’s version isn’t half bad and apparently its recently been re-mastered for DVD. There’s also a fully restored version of Freddie Mercury’s song “Love Kills” which I think is his best ever single. It was something of an anthem for me while I wrote THE CURSE OF THE DRAGON, which has a strong theme of unrequited love running through it. This is the old version of “Love Kills”, but I promise I’ll keep searching high and low for the restored video. Until then, are you ready for Freddie?

No comments:

Post a Comment