Tuesday, October 13, 2009

LETTER FROM THE U.S. CONSULATE IN CAIRO, EGYPT, TO WILLIAM HUNTER:

Dear William,

I am writing to inform you of my new posting to the United States Embassy in Cairo. I will be dedicating myself to our international relationship with Egypt for at least the next three years, and will be unable to visit you in that time due to my commitment to affairs of state.

I hope this letter finds you well, and I hope, after my last correspondence, that your grades have improved. I have provided you with a first-class education, William. If you cannot appreciate the opportunities I've afforded you, then perhaps you will have to make your own opportunities. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but never forget, I am your father.

Please pass on my regards to Felix. Remind him to polish the silver in my study; the chess pieces were a gift from the Ambassador of Kenya.

Sincerely,
Charles Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment